Using Nevertells To Effectively Engage Campers
1 2 3 4 5
1 – The powerful Meal
· A wife gave her husband a single article of food
. . . he died because of eating it, and although thousands
of people heard it, the wife never brought to trial.
· Answer- The wife was eve, the husband, Adam.
2 - The masked man
· the man was afraid to go home, because the man
with the mask was there
· Answer - the man with the mask was a catcher
in a baseball game, the other man was a base runner.
3 – The skiing accident
· Mr. Allen was reading a newspaper, and came across
an article about the death of a woman in the Swiss Alps.
Reading that a Dr. Jones’ wife had accidentally
fallen to her death while skiing, Allen went to the police
and told them “Jones murdered his wife.” After
questioning, Dr. Jones confessed to the crime. How did
Mr. Allen know?
· Answer – Allen was a travel agent. He remembered
selling Jones one round-trip ticket, and on one-way ticket,
4 – John and Mary
· John and Mary are on the floor. There are pieces
of broken glass, and a puddle of liquid on the floor.
Mary is dead.
· Answer – John, a cat, knocked over the
fishbowl of Mary, a fish.
5 – The armed proprietor
· A young woman walked into a café and asked
for a drink of water. The man behind the counter suddenly
pulled out a gun and pointed it at her. A few seconds
elapsed, and then the woman smiled, thanked the man and
· Answer – She had the hiccups, and was frightened
out of them.
6 – The sawdust mystery
· If the man had seen the sawdust, he would not
· Answer – The man, who was blind, made his
living in the circus as a midget clown. Termites have
been eating the end of his cane causing the sawdust. Because
he could not see the cane has become shorter, when he
had to reach down farther than usual to touch the ground
with is, he thought he was growing. Thinking this would
result in losing his job, he became despondent and shot
7 – The mysterious suicide
· A man’s dead body hangs from a rope tied
to the center of a ceiling beam in a large, empty room.
The feet are 10 feet from the floor. No other items are
in the room. The man killed himself by hanging.
· Answer – He climbed a stack of dry ice,
attached the rope, then waited for the ice to evaporate.
8 – The car trunk mystery
· A gang of thieves robs a warehouse one night.
They capture two night watchmen and place them, unharmed
and unbound, in the trunk of a car parked nearby. The
next morning, when employees hear sounds coming from the
trunk, they open it and one man steps out alive and well.
The other is dead.
· Answer – The survivor breathed the air
from the spare tire.
9 – 53 Bicycles
· A man lies dead in a room with 53 bicycles, also
in the room
· Answer – The man had been playing cards
for money. He had cheated by pulling and extra ace from
his sleeve. His opponent had shot him and fled. The “bicycles”
are bicycle cards.
10 – Cause of death known
· A traveler on a deserted road camp upon a body
of a man lying by the roadside, dead. The dead man was
wearing a knapsack though there were no marks on the body,
or blood anywhere. The traveler could tell immediately
the cause of death.
· Answer - The knapsack was an unopened parachute.