Using Nevertells To Effectively Engage Campers
1 2 3 4 5
11 – Crazy Aunt Mabel
· George lived with his Aunt Mabel, whose sanity
he sometimes doubted. One day Aunt Mabel was bragging
about what an expert she had been in her former line of
work. “I’ll just go and get my clippings and
show you, “ she said. When she returned, George
took one look, called the authorities, and had her committed.
· Answer – Mabel had been a barber. She had
saved actual hair clippings all these years.
12 – Doctor’s Dilemma
· A doctor was driving his son to school one day
when their car was rammed by a truck. The doctor was killed
and the son was seriously injured in the accident. The
son was rushed to a nearby hospital and prepared for surgery.
However, when the surgeon announced, “I can’t
operate! This is my son!”
· Answer – The surgeon was the boy’s
13 – Identical Drinks
· Don and Dan entered a tavern and are served identical
drinks. Don drinks his quickly and feels fine. Dan drinks
his very slowly and dies.
· Answer – There was poison in the ice.
14 – Important Phone call
· “Oh, what have I done!” yelled the
woman, as the telephone rang.
· Answer - The women, lonely and despondent, had
sat by her telephone for months; hoping for a friendly
call but never receiving even one. Finally, out of despair
she jumped out of her 20th story apartment just as the
15 - Murder in Public
· A murder was committed before thousands of people,
but all of them thought it was an accident.
· Answer - A trapeze artist that took his cues
from the organist for when to start, reach and land, fell
to his death. The organist has purposely changed the tempo
in mid-act as to throw him off.
16 – No bullet holes
· A man has been murdered while sitting in the
driver’s seat of a car although there are numerous
bullet wounds in the body, and all the doors and windows
of the car are tightly closed and locked. There are no
bullet holes anywhere in the car.
· Answer – The car is a convertible and the
top is up.
17 – Albatross Soup
· Horton walked into a restaurant and read on the
menu, albatross soup. “My favorite! he cried, and
ordered a double portion. The waiter brought the soup,
and when Horton tasted it, he screamed and fainted.
· Answer - Horton had once been a sailor. His shipped
was wrecked on a small island. One by one, the crew died,
but the captain kept the survivors alive until help came
by feeding the men what he called “albatross soup”.
Horton realized in the restaurant – through the
greatly different taste of real albatross soup –
that he had once eaten human flesh.
18 – Amazon Amazement
· 100 people were traveling down the Amazon River
on flatboat when the boat, in calm water, capsized, and
all were drowned.
· Answer - 3 huge snakes were sighted hanging over
the river from a free branch. The passengers panicked,
and all of them ran to one side to get away and capsized
19 – A disastrous party
· A famous scientist was awarded a government prize
for his invention of a new weapon. He decided to invite
several of his friends in to a party in his laboratory.
For entertainment, he provided a juggler, an opera soprano,
and a ballet dancer. At the height of the evening, all
present were suddenly and mysteriously killed.
· Answer – The soprano sang a high note,
exploding a glass beaker of lethal gas – the new
20 – Another disastrous party
· Sylvester had just received a promotion in his
company. To celebrate, Sylvester and his wife invited
his boss, his boss’s wife, and a party of 70 in
for dinner. A fire broke out during the party and no one
escaped from the room. In the morning, fireman found the
bodies of only five people in the ruins.
· Answer - There were never more than 5 people
there: the man, his wife, his boss, his boss’s wife,
and the “party of 70” an elderly relative.